Your computer’s motherboard is a critical component that plays a major part in what other components you can and can’t install. Motherboards have a reputation for being finicky to troubleshoot, however, which keeps some PC enthusiasts fearful of ever touching it, let alone attempting to replace one. On rare occasions, you might even have motherboard issues with a new PC — these include random reboots, refusing to boot up, and continual crashes citing fatal exceptions, illegal operations, and general protection fault error messages. Fortunately, some of the most common problems you can run into with your motherboard are relatively easy to fix. All you need is a little patience. Not enough power Yes, listing “check the power” as the first step in any guide is a bit cliché, but it’s an absolute must here as motherboards have not just one power connection but two. There’s a main 20-to-24-pin connector and a second four- or eight-pin connector hidden away by the processor socket. Many people forget the second connector — we’ve done it before in our early PC building days, so you should check to make sure that both are plugged in correctly. Unplug and plug them back in if you’re… Read full this story
- Bunions, even Posh gets 'em... How to solve our common foot problems, according to an expert
- House of Commons will vote again on Theresa May’s Brexit deal on Tuesday after record defeat first time around
- Four month delay fixing broken street lamps on Peckham Rye Common
- It that upsets anyone, that's their problem: Rory McIlroy to miss 2019 Irish Open with focus fixed on Open Championship at Portrush
- If that upsets anyone, that's their problem: Rory McIlroy to miss 2019 Irish Open with focus fixed on Open Championship at Portrush
- Structural issues that forced flats evacuation could cost £1m to fix
- 'It's a quick fix by official Ireland to try brush this under the carpet'
- Brexit live: Prime Minister loses Commons vote on Brexit proposals
- Brexit live: MPs react after Theresa May makes Commons statement
- Boeing finds 'additional problem' in its review of 737 Max jets
The most common motherboard problems, and how to fix them have 344 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.