In 2012, Blizzard fired up one of its many future controversies : It wasn't the decision to simply revive the Diablo franchise that did this, but the fact that it chose to monetize the legendary hack 'n' slash RPG with Diablo 3 . Beyond trading items with another player, an in-game auction house meant players could buy and sell items with real money. For some, it was a bewildering decision from a developer already battling the threat of real-money trading (RMT) in its monolithic MMORPG World of Warcraft . The idea of claiming a cut of player's profits was seen as simple corporate greed stemming from the then-recent merger with Activision, a company known for pushing aggressive revenue streams onto consumers. Within two years, uproar caused the feature to be ripped from the game, with a "smarter" loot system put into place to reduce the need to rely on other players for equipment. But a lot has changed since 2012, and with Diablo IV in the works, it's time for the auction house to make a return. A real grind In any Diablo game, each character class relies on different equipment types, armor sets, and stats to thrive. All of… Read full this story
- Diablo 4 Reveals New Features and Gameplay Details
- Diablo IV February 2020 quarterly update shares details on UI design, controller support and the Cannibal faction
- Bethenny Frankel's 'controversial' 4,200 square foot Hamptons home sells for $2.28million
- Diablo 4 developer update showcases UI changes and 'darker, more gritty' monsters
- Diablo 4 Devs Talk Controller Support On PC, UI Changes
- Is Netflix’s Sci-Fi Series ‘Altered Carbon’ TV’s Answer to ‘Blade Runner’?
- How War of the Realms Resurrected the Summer Superhero Event
- Netflix has a new interactive movie based on its Carmen Sandiego series
- Tribeca Fest 2020 Sets Feature Film Lineup With 95 World Premieres
- The Simpsons to resurrect Frank Grimes for 600th episode
Diablo 4 should resurrect the series’ most controversial feature have 306 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.