Fry's Electronics today announced that after nearly 36 years it's going out of business "as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic." The company has already closed its 31 brick-and-mortar stores and replaced its online store with a letter to customers explaining how it plans to move forward. The letter said Fry's was implementing "an orderly wind down process" in an effort to "reduce costs, avoid additional liabilities, minimize the impact on our customers, vendors, landlords and associates, and maximize the value of the Company's assets for its creditors and other stakeholders." That process officially started today. Fry's also said it's "in the process of reaching out to its customers with repairs and consignment vendors to help them understand what this will mean for them and the proposed next steps." Customers and consignment vendors were given two email addresses and a phone number to use if they need to contact Fry's before then. It's not clear what Fry's plans to do with its remaining inventory. Retailers often try to sell as much of their stock as possible before shutting down, but if that's what the company is doing, it's happening behind… Read full this story
- COVID-19 In Pennsylvania: Businesses Hopeful To Survive Gov. Tom Wolf’s New Virus Restrictions
- Vietnam’s Economic Hopes Fade as COVID-19 Takes Away Business
- 'Hillbilly Elegy' author on politicians defying COVID-19 rules as businesses suffer: 'Fundamental unfairness'
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Businesses Will Have To Make Tough Decisions As New Restrictions Loom
- NIH Director: ‘It Is Astounding What’s Been Done’ Regarding COVID-19 Vaccine
- Michigan COVID-19 Restrictions Extended Through Dec. 20. Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- When Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine?
- New York City Closes Schools Amid COVID-19 Surge
- Asian Countries Handle New COVID-19 Cases without Lockdowns
- France, Germany Impose New Lockdown Measures as COVID-19 Cases Soar
Fry’s Electronics Closes Its Doors After COVID-19 Changes the Retail Business have 333 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.