Huawei has launched a new folding smartphone, the Huawei Mate X2. It’s a sequel to the Huawei Mate Xs (itself a refreshed version of the original Mate X ), but this time goes in the opposite design direction. Instead of an outwardly folding design, where the screen folds on itself to create a smaller device, it takes on a dual-screen book-style fold, like Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 2 . Unfolded the 8:7.1 aspect ratio OLED screen measures 8-inches and has a 2480 x 2200 pixel resolution, while folded, the slim outer, 21:9 aspect ratio OLED screen measures 6.45-inches with a 2700 x 1160-pixel resolution. The Mate X2 screens both have a 90Hz refresh rate, while the outer has a 240Hz touch sampling rate, and 180Hz on the inside. It’s covered in a special layer for low reflection and less glare. The new dual-spiral hinge is made of steel with carbon fiber sides to lower the weight, and enables the phone to fold flat, leaving no gap between the screens. The hinge also minimizes the crease on the screen. Unusually, the phone has a “wedge” shape, so it tapers from one side to the other when unfolded, resulting in a super… Read full this story
- What you need to know about the next Samsung phone
- All the best Amazon Prime Day deals you can still get [Tuesday PM Update]
- These are all the best Amazon Prime Day deals you can find right now
- Historic blunders: 50 worst product flops of all time
- New iPhone promised in Flash Yellow, Bright Orange and Electric Blue colour options
- 67 things to do with the kids this summer holiday in and around Derbyshire
Huawei Mate X2 foldable mimics the Galaxy Z Fold 2’s look … and sky-high price have 268 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.