We’ve seen some cool Raspberry Pi desktop rigs, but this one stands out and swivels! Created by a maker known as Sleepless_Engineer, this project uses an old swivel hinge recycled from a Lenovo ThinkPad to create an adjustable screen. Sleepless_Engineer’s system stores a Raspberry Pi 4 and screen inside a custom, 3D-printed shell. To fit everything inside, the USB and Ethernet ports had to be resoldered from the Raspberry Pi. This allowed additional space to store the battery and keyboard. Image 1 of 3 Image 2 of 3 Image 3 of 3 According to Sleepless_Engineer, the Pi 4 was ideal due to its Micro-HDMI support. This cable was apparently easy to route through the ThinkPad hinge, taken from an X201 model. The project also uses a Blackberry trackball breakout module. There may be plans in the works for an updated edition. Sleepless_Engineer indicated an x86 single-board computer would be preferred. Anyone interested in recreating this project can find all of the 3D printable files on Thingiverse . Check out our list of Best Raspberry Pi Projects for more cool creations from the maker community.
- iPhone owners reveal biggest gripe with Apple handsets – and it’s NOT cracked screens
- Golden memories of the silver screen – and much more!
- Taking education from Bridgend to Zambia!
- Derval O'Rourke: Top tip for the new school year
- Weekend food with Darina Allen
- Samsung Galaxy X revealed? These ‘folding phone’ concept designs look incredible
- 'Fit for the Queen': Rolls-Royce unveils its first ever 4x4
- Restaurant roll call: The latest openings and closings in the Twin Cities
- England and India trade memorable blows on compelling third day at Edgbaston to leave Test on knife-edge
- The tea rooms that brought Mackintosh back to life
Maker's Raspberry Pi Build Adds Swivel Screen With Recycled ThinkPad Hinge have 277 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at February 12, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.