Cycling helmets with an integrated light are nothing new, but like all battery-powered devices, they were only ever useful if you remembered to charge them up before heading out. Not so with the POC Sports Omne Eternal, a cycling helmet with a built-in LED light that never needs to be plugged in or have a battery replaced in order for it to work. The Omne Eternal is the result of a partnership between POC — a Swedish cycling accessory maker — and solar power experts Exeger, and is being billed as one of the world's first "self-powered" cycling helmets. By integrating Exeger's special Powerfoyle solar cells into the structure of the helmet, it constantly pulls in light from any source, indoor or outdoor, to power up the LED on the back of the helmet. Sensors inside the helmet recognize when you put the helmet on, and activate the light for you. Take the helmet off, and the light goes out. That's right, the helmet doesn't need charging, and has no batteries to replace, no proprietary charging cables to lose, and no on/off switch. It's simply always ready to go. POC's experience with cycling safely equipment means that despite the integrated… Read full this story
- Solar-powered HEADPHONES that use the sun and artificial light to recharge could offer customers 'virtually unlimited playtime'
- From a bike helmet with built-in airbag to a wine purifier - and headphones that blast out music (but don't stop you hearing traffic)... the healthiest gifts you can give this Christmas
- Cycling to work could save British commuters up to £1,400 a year
- JBL solar-powered headphones promise 'unlimited playtime' via Powerfoyle solar cells
- From a GoPro Hero 7 to Bont Vaypor S Road Shoes, eight great gifts for cycling enthusiasts this Christmas
- Fear of the light: why we need darkness
- Mercedes-AMG GLC 63, 63 Coupe Introduce Their Ample Power [UPDATE]
- The best power banks
- As Winter Rushes In, Worcester Polytechnic Institute Researcher Uses Corrosion Test Chamber to Simulate Road Salt Impacts on Future Car Designs
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA Revealed; Gets More Tech And Power
Omne Eternal safety-first cycling helmet uses the power of light to charge up have 347 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 16, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.