SpaceX has announced Hayley Arceneaux as the second crew member for its first all-civilian tourism flight that will fly four people to Earth orbit later this year. Arceneaux’s flight is set to mark three major achievements as she’ll be the first bone cancer survivor to become an astronaut, the first person with a prosthetic body part to travel to space, and, at just 29, the youngest American ever to orbit Earth. Treated as a child for bone cancer at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, she now works there as a physician assistant. Arceneaux will fly on the SpaceX Inspiration4 mission that was announced earlier this month. The mission will be led by Shift4 Payments founder and CEO Jared Isaacman, who secured the exclusive flight in a private deal with SpaceX. The two remaining crew members are yet to be selected. “It’s an incredible honor to join the Inspiration4 crew,” Arceneaux said following the announcement. “This seat represents the hope that St. Jude gave me — and continues to give families from around the world, who, like me, find hope when they walk through the doors of St. Jude.” Arceneaux was diagnosed with bone cancer at the age… Read full this story
- NASA, SpaceX pick May 27 to resume astronaut launches in U.S.
- SpaceX will launch two astronauts to International Space Station on May 27, NASA says
- NASA, SpaceX to send astronauts to ISS
- NASA chief hopeful SpaceX could launch piloted Crew Dragon test flight in early 2020
- NASA to launch astronauts to space station from US soil for the first time in a decade
- NASA, SpaceX to launch first US astronaut mission in nearly a decade
- ISS astronauts land back on coronavirus-ravaged earth
- SpaceX's first crewed flight to the ISS will take place on May 27
- NASA Announces First SpaceX Crewed Flight for May 27
- Astronauts return to Earth from International Space Station
SpaceX astronaut to become the youngest American to orbit Earth have 309 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.