The feminist movement of the 1960s and 1970s reminded the world that women have always played important historical roles, despite often being overlooked. But even in the 21st century, many popular history books are written by and about men —usually covering war heroes, generals, and the country’s founding fathers. Studies of U.S. history and social studies classes also find that state education standards focus on men and gloss over the roles of women outside of the home. Though many people today proudly proclaim to be feminists , women around the world are still paid less for the same work, live in fear of physical violence and sexual assault , and lack rights and representation across industries. Women’s History Month in March and the commemoration of International Women’s Day on March 8 allow us to celebrate the strides women have made across social, economic, political, and cultural spectrums. Observing milestones in women’s history also reminds us of the steps still required to achieve true gender equality, Stacker dug through historical records and selected the most inspirational or important moments in women’s history every year from 1919 to 2020. Women have left marks on everything from entertainment and music to space exploration,… Read full this story
- Women's Hockey World Cup: Netherlands Start As Firm Favourites, India Aim For A First | Hockey News
- 1st ODI: Indian Women Aiming For Improved Show Against Sri Lanka | Cricket News
- RAF mystery SOLVED after 80 years: Lost bomber found in 'excellent state of preservation'
- Online editing creates idealised and potentially dangerous images of women, warns Martin Parr
- Avalanche Insider: Five thoughts after Colorado broke its 21-year Stanley Cup drought
- Lily Allen speaks out about her abortion, saying women do not need 'exceptional' reasons to 'justify' decision
- So, why is Turkey in NATO, anyway? A look at the country’s complex history with the alliance
- Entrepreneurship among women will accelerate economic growth, says Poyyamozhi
- Mapping the history of Kalapani dispute between India and Nepal
- My footballer stepdad made me his sex slave aged 6 & abused me for a decade – years later my worst nightmare came true
102 Years of Milestones in Women's History have 339 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.