MSI has officially unlocked PCIe Gen 4.0 support for Intel’s upcoming Rocket Lake CPUs that will soon vie for a spot on our list of Best CPUs . The update comes through new BIOS updates for MSI’s entire Z490 lineup, following up on Z490’s potential to bring PCIe 4.0 support to Rocket Lake platforms. MSI says it designed its Z490 boards specifically for Gen 4.0 support from the very beginning by implementing ” PCIe 4.0 ready clock generator, lane switch, redriver, PCIe slots, and M.2 connectors.” You can see the list of supported motherboards below. Of course, other manufacturers have designed their Z490 motherboards for Gen 4.0 support, but it remains to be seen whether these manufacturers will fully support PCIe 4.0 in all areas or if it will be supported in a limited capacity, say only on certain slots. We’ve reached out to MSI for clarification on the matter. At least we know for certain that MSI is living up to Z490’s promise by providing PCIe Gen 4.0 support to customers who want to upgrade to Rocket Lake without the hassle of upgrading the motherboard as well. We expect that other vendors will come forward with BIOS updates as we… Read full this story
- Micron Introduces Industry’s First 1TB Automotive and Industrial Grade PCIe NVMe™ Flash Storage
- MSI Moves to New Office in Charlotte, NC
- Elsevier Migrates to MongoDB to Unlock New Revenue Streams and Gain More Insight into Massive Repository of Scientific Research
- World Bank Group Announces L’Afrique Excelle to Support Francophone Africa’s Top Tech Entrepreneurs
- European Investment Bank (EIB) supports jobs and climate action across Africa with new EUR 200 million loan to Afreximbank
- Interfood Inc. Partners With MSys Training LLC To Build Solutions Using Lean Six Sigma Methodologies.
- Gun used to kill officer stolen from unlocked car
- Ex-student unlocks mystery of couple’s past
- Tinker's B-21 work is another safeguard against closure, its supporters say
- New Brain Health Initiative Could Unlock Mysteries Of Alzheimer’s, Dementia
MSI Unlocks PCIe 4.0 Support on Z490 Motherboards have 320 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.