Meghan Markle interview: Royal expert on security fears Sign up for FREE now and never miss the top Royal stories again. SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info The Duke and Duchess of Sussex told Oprah that their UK security was withdrawn after they stepped down as senior royals last year. The couple had moved to Canada and were negotiating with their family to try and work out what their future would look like. Harry said the justification in removing their security was due to a "change in status". Related articles Harry's email to Charles 'justifying' Oprah interview with Meghan Andrew Neil tears apart Oprah’s Harry and Meghan interview But he argued there had been no change in threat and that he never expected his security to be taken away because he had inherited the risk. Oprah said in a voiceover: "After their move, Harry and Meghan say security normally provided by the Royal Family was cut off." However, royal protection officers are actually… Read full this story
Royal security funded by Home Office not Windsors: ‘Why would they put their neck out?’ have 214 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 17, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.