AMD's upcoming RX 6700 XT is positioned to take on Nvidia's RTX 3070 as the 1440p performance king. For around $500, AMD is promising all the bells and whistles of its more expensive RX 6800 and 6900 , including ray tracing, variable-rate shading, and Radeon Boost. But can the RX 6700 XT actually compete with the RTX 3070? The 6700 XT hasn't launched yet, so it's important to wait for third-party benchmarks. Still, we rounded up AMD's internal numbers and compared them with the performance of an RTX 3070 to get an idea of how well the card should perform in the real world. Pricing and availability The RX 6700 XT was announced during AMD's Where Gaming Begins event on March 3 with a launch date of March 18. The card is launching with a $479 MSRP, and AMD will launch its first-party and board partner cards on the same day. The RTX 3070 released on October 28, 2020, for $499. Board partner cards launched simultaneously, priced $50 to $100 more than Nvidia's model. You can safely ignore both prices, though. In 2021, the GPU market is congested. Gamers, miners, and scalpers are all vying for the latest cards, causing… Read full this story
- AMD Radeon RX 5500, Radeon RX 5500M 'Navi' GPUs for 1080p Gaming Desktops, Laptops Announced
- Mild hybrid vs traditional hybrid vs plug-in hybrid – which is best?
- AMD Unveils Budget Radeon Graphics Cards Aimed At Nvidia's Entry-Level Products
- Dell Unveils Refreshed Alienware Laptops, Desktops, and More Ahead of Gamescom
- Coldwave & Ketamine: Grapevine's Airwaves Wednesday Super-Review
RX 6700 XT vs. RTX 3070 have 248 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.