If you're growing weary of your usual vacation spots, then how about venturing somewhere a little different next time. Like … the moon? Of course it sounds like a ridiculous idea, and it probably is. But Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa, with the help of SpaceX, claims he can make it happen as early as 2023. If you recall, Maezawa is the fella who three years ago booked himself a round trip to the moon on SpaceX's in-development Starship rocket. At the time, he offered the other seats on the spacecraft to established artists . The 45-year-old entrepreneur kind of went quiet for a while (apart from his somewhat bizarre and now-abandoned matchmaking contest idea to find a "special someone" to join him on the trip) before this week stepping back into the spotlight with a new announcement about the upcoming mission, called "dearMoon." We're all artists In a video (top) released on Tuesday, March 2, Maezawa, who made his fortune with an online fashion mall that became the largest in Japan, said the plan to take artists has now changed after he gave some thought to what exactly he meant by the word "artist." It turns out we're all artists… Read full this story
- SpaceX just launched the first private moon mission and it marks a new phase in space flight
- SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket survived a 'spicy' landing at sea after launching the first ever private moon mission
- SpaceX Moon Mission Launch Could Happen Sooner Than We Think
- Humanity has racked up extraordinary feats of spaceflight since NASA's first moon mission 50 years ago. Here are the greatest hits.
- Latest: Japanese man to be 1st private moon flight passenger
- SpaceX close to announcing 1st private moon flight passenger
- 'Dangerous' moon mission eases Musk's woes
- Japan fashion billionaire Maezawa picked by SpaceX for moon flight
- Israeli Nonprofit's Moon Mission Crashes During Landing
- SpaceX BFR To Fly First ‘Private Passenger’ Around Moon Since Apollo 17
SpaceX private moon mission has eight free seats up for grabs have 323 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.