TP-Link has announced a new family of multi-gigabit switches designed primarily for homes and small offices. The 2.5GbE and 10GbE switches are reasonably priced — one 2.5GbE model is only $130 — and are designed for advanced users that need faster wired network speeds as they use multi-gig NAS, Wi-Fi 6 access points, and other bandwidth-hungry devices. The newly announced family of switches includes the TL-SG105-M2 5-port 2.5GbE desktop switch, the TL-SG108-M2 8-port 2.5GbE desktop switch, and the TL-SG3210XHP-M2 JetStream managed switch that has eight RJ45 2.5GbE ports as well as two SFP+ 10GbE ports. The 5-port TL-SG105-M2 and the 8-port TL-SG108-M2 switches are rather basic fanless devices that can automatically sense link speeds and intelligently fine-tune for compatibility and optimal performance for all devices. The switches come in metal chassis and will fit almost any home design (assuming, of course, that they are not hidden). The 5-port switch is immediately available for $130, whereas the 8-port model carries a $200 MSRP. Being a managed switch, the TL-SG3210XHP-M2 JetStream is of course inherently more advanced than its cheaper counterparts. The unit has eight 2.5GbE 802.3at/af-compliant PoE+ ports, two 10 Gbps SFP+ slots, and two ports for management (an RJ45 and a mini-USB). TP-Link positions this switch… Read full this story
- Cheaper Version of Nintendo Switch Coming This Fall (Report)
- 16 free and cheap things to do around Denver in July
- New Info for ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ Coming Wednesday
- How to Come Up With Startup Business Ideas in the Digital Era
- Is over-the-counter, cheap insulin really safe?
- Budget tips, bargains: Cheapest of the Cheap winners announced
- Dodgers undecided about Dustin May’s next start
- Analysis: Unseating John Cornyn won’t come cheap, and MJ Hegar knows it
- Thinking of Starting a Remote Business? Think Very Carefully.
- Do you like cheap plane tickets? You’re in luck this month
Cheap 2.5GbE & 10GbE Switches Come to the U.S., Starting at $130 have 300 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.