We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more . podcast platform parity Apple can’t afford to lose podcast ground to Android listeners. Jeramy Johnson 6 May 2021 1 Source: Jeramy Johnson / Android Central A few weeks ago, Apple made a bit of a splash with its announcements about its new AirTags trackers as well as updates to the iPad Pro and iMac, but it also announced significant changes to one of its more popular “services” — podcasts. Apple doesn’t own podcasting per se , but it does deserve a ton of credit for the way it has nurtured and popularized the platform for millions of users around the world over the past decade and a half. At the Spring Loaded event, Apple unveiled a new design for its Podcasts app to go along with its new Apple Podcast Subscriptions service. Apple Podcast Subscriptions are rolling out to Apple customers across iOS and macOS this month, and no one is quite sure how creators or consumers will receive them. Personally, I’m expecting it to be a big hit. Still, I do think that Apple should bring both its Podcasts app and Podcast Subscriptions to Android sooner… Read full this story
- What to expect at Apple's iPhone 11 and Watch 5 event today
- Apple WWDC 2019 keynote: how the next iPhone software will look
- All the key announcements from Apple’s WWDC
- Google is planning a subscription service for Android apps
- iTunes is dead. Long live Apple Music, Podcasts and TV
- BBC director of radio James Purnell on the podcast revolution
- Meet the London students going to Apple's WWDC 2019 event
- New start-up promises to bring down the price of a new iPhone
- Podcast Corner: An introduction to podcasts
- YOLO Anonymous on Snapchat: What is the app?
Apple needs to bring its Podcast app and subscription model to Android have 283 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.