A CLEARLY rattled Keir says he will take "full responsibility" for the "bitterly disappointing" results for Labour today. He says that too often the party has been talking to themselves – and vowed to do whatever is necessary to change the party's prospects. Meanwhile, Nicola Sturgeon has retained her seat in Glasgow Southside, meaning the SNP hold the constituency. BORIS Johnson has hailed the local election results as “encouraging” but warned it’s still early days yet – with hundreds of results yet to come in. The PM has been out and about in Hartlepool this afternoon to meet with their new MP, the first Tory to hold the seat since it was created. The PM’s stunning by-election victory further demonstrated the redrawing of Britain’s political map, heaping pressure on Labour boss, Sir Keir Starmer. Tory Jill Mortimer romped home in the North East town, winning it for the first time in more than 50 years with a massive 6,940 majority. The PM’s party has also made huge gains in key council areas, including Harlow in Essex and Nuneaton and Bedworth, in Warwickshire. After the humilitation, Labour’s Sir Keir Starmer is facing growing questions about his leadership and grumblings from across… Read full this story
- Home Secretary Priti Patel says Winston Churchill should be 'liberated' as Sadiq Khan is accused of caving in to mob rule by covering up his statue
- Labour condemns Tories for racially charged attack on Sadiq Khan
- Sadiq Khan accused of ‘forgetting his roots and betraying his communities’ as Mayor
- Coronavirus: Sadiq Khan quizzes Boris Johnson over plans to 'quarantine London inside M25'
- London COULD be locked down: No 10 refuses to rule out sealing off capital to control coronavirus outbreak amid fury from Sadiq Khan at Boris's 'unacceptable' unilateral M25 quarantine plan
- Sadiq Khan blasts Boris Johnson for 'looking at London M25 lockdown' without telling him
- Black Lives Matter activists descend on Tottenham police station to support rapper Wretch 32 after his father was Tasered by officers - in protest nine years after death of Mark Duggan
- Group try to rescue statue of Edward Colston from river after it was thrown there by Black Lives Matter protesters
- The new face of race hate: Marching through London they claimed to be fighting bigotry - but as this exposé by GUY ADAMS lays bare, their leader revels in anti-Semitic abuse... with chilling echoes of 1930s fascism
- Historian Tom Holland says most Britons will see the boarding up of Winston Churchill's statue as 'sinister' and claims sight of locals defending Baden-Powell memorial 'does not do anti-racism campaigners any favours'
Local election 2021 RESULTS LIVE – London Mayor Sadiq Khan tied with Shaun Bailey as Labour disaster could get worse have 427 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 8, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.