If evidence for Windows 11 hasn’t been apparent enough this week, Microsoft has officially listed an end of life date for Windows 10 Home and Pro. A Microsoft documentation officially states that support will end on October 14th, 2025. The company will continue to support at least one Windows 10 semi-annual channel until that date. If this is correct, it suggests that all development and security updates for Windows 10 will be dropped completely by 2025. No word has been mentioned for Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows Server builds based on Windows 10 (like Server 2016 and Server 2019), but presumably, these versions will have longer lifespans due to their usage in the enterprise and prosumer markets. Tom’s Hardware reached out to Microsoft for clarification, but did not hear back prior to publication. We will update if we get more information on the matter. This heavily points to a new version of Windows. The company has an event on June 24 about the future of the operating system. While Microsoft previously said Windows 10 would be the last version of Windows, all clues, including a bunch of Microsoft’s own teases, point to Windows 11.
- Microsoft Issues Serious Windows 10 Upgrade Warning
- Microsoft Confirms Six Windows 10 ‘Zero Day’ Threats, Pushes Fix
- Lumia 950 XL Review: Microsoft's first Windows 10 smartphone is difficult to recommend
- Microsoft Build 2016: Windows 10 Anniversary Update, HoloLens and Cortana
- Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Login Bypass Threat: Here’s The Fix
- Don’t Panic: You Can Keep Using Windows 10 Until 2025
- Microsoft Store for Windows 10 Is Reportedly Getting a Major Overhaul
- End of Windows 10? Microsoft reveals a vital date all users need to know
- Happy Birthday, Windows 10: The History and the Future | Digital Trends
- First look at Windows 11 leaves Windows 10 fans fuming at Microsoft
Microsoft Appears to Be Dropping Windows 10 Support by 2025 have 273 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.