Research outlet TrendForce projects that DRAM prices will continue to rise throughout 2021, further compounding the GPU and console shortages the market has seen over the last several months. TrendForce expects to see up to a 13% price increase in Q3 2021, which is a drop from Q2 — with a projection of up to a 25% increase — but an increase over Q1, which saw up to a 10% increase. DRAM availability is a big reason why there's a GPU shortage right now. The GDDR6 and GDDR6X modules inside the latest graphics cards and consoles are in high demand, and suppliers haven't been able to meet that demand. TreadForce points out Nvidia as a constraining factor, saying, "DRAM suppliers have prioritized capacity allocation to Nvidia as opposed to smaller clients." The Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 are a big strain on the DRAM market, too. Both consoles use 16GB GDDR6 chips, not dual 8GB GDDR6 chips. So, the 8GB chips that are common in the graphics card market aren't common in the console market, and as TrendForce explains, "the two chips are noninterchangeable." All this demand has pushed DRAM prices up through 2021, and that won't change soon…. Read full this story
- Error Coin Prices on the Rise
- Rising Commodity Prices Causing New Turmoil through the Mining Sector
- Why Have House Prices Risen In The UK So Much
- House Prices in 2007
- Maryland Real Estate Price Increase
- Even Higher Uranium Prices Ahead This Summer
- Will A Base Metals Correction Affect the Price of Molybdenum?
- Soaring Gold Price Makes It Uncommon for The Common Man
- Mortgages and House Prices in the UK Reach New High
- Will UK House Prices Continue to Rise in 2007?
The price of DRAM continues to rise, and it’s prolonging the GPU shortage have 280 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.