California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) is ramping up the fear factor as he fights to retain his position in the ongoing recall election. Newsom and his party are warning that recalling him could put a Trump-loving, Capitol riot-backing, climate change-denying, anti-vaccine, anti-abortion fanatic in the White House. (In other words: Democrats' idea of a Republican.) The media have played along with a series of racially-tinged attacks on conservative talk radio host Larry Elder, who leads polls to replace Newsom. Elder could be the state's first black governor; the media are trying to make his race a negative. There is some evidence that the Democrats' strategy is working. The "yes" vote to recall Newsom surged in several polls, but a recent poll by Change Research showed the "no" vote prevailing by double digits. Curiously, the poll did not show a breakdown among racial groups, though the poll questionnaire did ask respondents to indicate their racial identities. Monday marks the voter registration deadline, for those wishing to vote by mail in the Sep. 14 election, and Newsom is hoping the Democrats' mail-in strategy is as useful in 2021 as it was in 2020. Newsom signed an extension of the state's emergency voting… Read full this story
- Gavin Newsom cancels Bay Area anti-recall car rally after Kamala Harris no-show
- Gavin Newsom finally sees very encouraging recall poll two weeks ahead of California election
- Kamala Harris Campaigns for Gavin Newsom: 'If They Can Win in California, They Can Do This Anywhere'
- Mike Cernovich to challenge Gavin Newsom if there's a recall to force debate on "war crimes"
- Gov. Gavin Newsom Launches Campaign Against Likely Recall – ‘I Will Fight It’
- Vice President Kamala Harris rallies with Gov. Gavin Newsom ahead of Tuesday's recall election
- Gavin Newsom's grassroots work against recall showing success - but it's still early
- Trump, without evidence, already claiming Gavin Newsom recall election is 'rigged'
- Lawsuit hoping to stop Gavin Newsom recall election fails
Gavin Newsom's Weakness: The Hidden Latino Vote for Recall in California have 324 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 30, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.