SINGAPORE – Two Singaporeans were nominated at this year’s Golden Melody Awards – known as the Grammys of Taiwan – but did not end the night with trophies. The ceremony for the 32nd Golden Melody Awards took place on Saturday (Aug 21), and 29 awards were given out. Singaporean superstar JJ Lin was nominated for Best Male Singer (Mandarin) for his album Drifter • Like You Do, but he lost to Taiwanese singer Soft Lipa, who won for his album Home Cookin. In an Instagram post after the results were announced, Lin congratulated Soft Lipa, and added: “Didn’t manage to get the win this time, but I am happy and content!” Singaporean lyricist Xiaohan had been up for Best Lyricist for the song Drifter, performed by Lin. But the award went to Taiwanese David Ke, for the song Untold, performed by Taiwanese singer Hebe Tien. During the event, Tien won Best Female Singer (Mandarin), for her album Time Will Tell. In her acceptance speech, the member of girl group S.H.E thanked many people, including her family and her fellow bandmates – Selina Jen and Ella Chen. Gain Strength, by Taiwanese indigenous musician Sangpuy Katatepan Mavaliyw, was named Album of the Year. Hit song… Read full this story
- Who Should Win at the Golden Globes This Weekend?
- Oscars 2014: ‘Frozen’ Track ‘Let It Go’ Wins Best Song
- 'Black Panther' Soundtrack Earns Eight Grammy Nominations Including Album of the Year
- Guardian first book award: the shortlist
- Jerry Herman, Tony-Winning ‘Hello, Dolly!’ Composer, Dead at 88
- Eddie Murphy to get Lifetime Achievement honour at 25th Critics' Choice Award
- Racing! Eclipse Awards are around the corner
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Announces He's 'Taking Several Steps Back' From Twitter, Reveals His 2020 New Years Resolution To Create More
- A night of tears and triumph at SAG Awards: 'Exhausted' Nicole Kidman pushes through the flu to accept gong while Gary Oldman breaks down during his win and Three Billboards takes a TRIO of awards
- Prez Kovind honours Amitabh Bachchan with Dadasaheb Phalke Award
JJ Lin and Xiaohan leave Golden Melody Awards empty-handed; Your Name Engraved Herein wins Song of the Year have 322 words, post on www.asiaone.com at August 23, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.