British artists are now able to tour in 19 European member states without a visa, the government announced on Wednesday. The 19 EU countries allowing British artists visa-free travel for short tours are Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Sweden. The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) said it is now “actively engaging with the remaining EU member states that do not allow visa and permit free touring, and calling on them to align their arrangements with the UK’s generous rules, which allow touring performers and support staff to come to the UK for up to three months without a visa.” The DCMS confirmed to Euronews that the length of the visa-free permit depends on each individual country with some of the 19 member states allowing up to three months. The deal comes after the government has faced severe criticism from the music industry after visa-free touring for British musicians was not included in the Brexit deal agreed with the EU. Music tours ‘unviable’ in EU: UK stars blast government over ‘gaping hole’ in Brexit trade deal After Brexit, musicians fear that it… Read full this story
- Tips to Get a UK Visitor's Visa
- The Revolution has begun - and it will not be Televised "The new Artist Development Paradigm"
- Scotland Tours for Everyone!
- Why Unemployment Has Fallen in UK Economy
- UK Government Unveils Points Based Immigration System
- What You Will Need to Work in the UK
- Globalisation and EU Enlargement
- Russian Visas
- Buying Goods Abroad: UK Customs
- The Catalan crisis, Scotland, and the role of the EU
UK artists can now tour in 19 EU countries without a visa have 266 words, post on www.euronews.com at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.