Lawmakers are pushing for billions in federal funding to boost global COVID-19 vaccine manufacturing in Democrats’ coming $3.5 trillion package, arguing that the Biden administration needs to do more to fight the pandemic worldwide and prevent dangerous new variants from forming. A group of 116 Democratic lawmakers, including more than half of the House Democratic Caucus, wrote to congressional leaders and President Biden Joe Biden McConnell vows GOP won’t help raise debt ceiling in December after Schumer ‘tantrum’ Ilhan Omar to Biden: ‘Deliver on your promise to cancel student debt’ Overnight Health Care — Presented by EMAA — CDC sets panel meeting for remaining boosters, Pfizer vaccine for kids MORE last month, calling on them to back $34 billion to increase global manufacturing of COVID-19 vaccines and to help distribute the vaccines around the world. The push comes as health experts increasingly call on the administration to do more to vaccinate the world, as many countries have still only vaccinated a small percentage of their population, providing fertile ground for new variants to develop that could threaten everyone, including Americans. ADVERTISEMENT But backers of the push in Congress say they have yet to receive firm commitments on the issue from either congressional leadership or… Read full this story
- Covid Surge, Ineffective Vaccines Hurt Xi Jinping’s Vaccine Diplomacy
- Emergent BioSolutions Ruined 400M Vaccine Doses, More Than Previously Known, According To Congressional Report
- Biden calls for $33B in Ukraine aid, seizure of Russian oligarchs' assets
- Six months before crucial midterms, Biden faces many challenges
- US President Joe Biden co-hosting 2nd COVID summit as world's resolve falters
- N Korea gets offers of aid, 'prefers US-made vaccines'
- Biden directs states to open vaccinations to all adults by May 1
- Hill bargainers seek Ukraine aid deal, COVID aid in question
- Biden co-hosting 2nd COVID summit as world's resolve falters
- Quick Senate OK ahead for House-passed $40B aid for Ukraine
Biden under pressure to ratchet up vaccine aid have 302 words, post on thehill.com at September 7, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.