Y: The Last Man — premiering Tuesday on Disney+ Hotstar in India, and also available FX on Hulu in the US — has had such a long and troubled road to the screen that it’s impossible to discuss the comic book adaptation without contemporary comparisons. In it, half the world’s population just drops dead all of a sudden without explanation. It’s like HBO’s critical darling The Leftovers but on a much, much bigger scale, akin to the five years between Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Tonally and narratively though, Y: The Last Man more closely resembles fellow post-apocalyptic adaptation The Walking Dead — in fact, the latter comic series began a year after Y: The Last Man, but that show is now in its eleventh and final season. It’s possible that the showrunners of Y: The Last Man are hoping for a similar reception. Unfortunately, that’s the wrong call. Y: The Last Man the comic, created by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, was never short on humour despite its depressing circumstances. Heck, its protagonist has a pet monkey. And though Vaughan and Guerra serve as executive producers on Y: The Last Man the series, that tone is missing… Read full this story
- Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 11/27/2019
- DayZ battle royale 'Survivor GameZ' is returning, but its founders aren't involved
- Mark Zuckerberg Posts 6,000-Word Status Update About Nothing
- Sound Mixers and Editors Stretch Their Skills to Create Believable Worlds
- The 15 Best Comic Book Movies of the Decade
- Twisted Romance
- Is the Year’s Most Bewildering, Ambitious Game
- The Walking Dead is back for 2019 – here’s how to watch it and who’s in the series 10 cast?
- A beginner’s guide to the King Of Comics, Jack Kirby
- The 70 best video game characters of the decade
Y: The Last Man Review – The Leftovers Meets Designated Survivor in Avengers: Endgame’s Post-Apocalyptic Scale have 293 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.