Niantic, the developer behind the popular augmented reality (AR) game Pokemon Go, has joined hands with payments company Fold to launch an AR experience where players can earn Bitcoin in a virtual environment that the company describes as a “real world metaverse.” The feature is currently available for Fold App users to play in beta, enabling them to earn Bitcoin and in-app benefits by exploring their physical surroundings. Niantic is working on expanding this experience, buoyed by Coatue’s most recent $300 million (roughly Rs. 2,234.7 crore) investment into the company. “This is the easiest, most fun way to get your first piece of Bitcoin,” said Fold CEO Will Reeves. “Anyone can use our [Fold] app to earn Bitcoin and other rewards by exploring the world around them. For us, it’s always been important to make participating in the Bitcoin economy easy for anyone, regardless of education or technical expertise.” Instead of finding rare creatures in the world around you, Fold users will be able to discover and collect Bitcoin and other prizes around them, thanks in part to Niantic’s AR platform tech. Every 10 minutes, a new block containing fresh bounty is dropped in the vicinity of a player. Once… Read full this story
- Pokemon Go -- Full April 2020 Field Research Tasks List
- Pokemon Go -- Full April 2020 Field Research Task List
- Pokemon Go Remote Raid Passes Let You Join Raids From Home
- Meet the Final Fantasy 14 players who marry in the game - and in real life
- How the Space Pope is helping to find real exoplanets by playing
- Cryptoqueen: How this woman scammed the world, then vanished
- Mobile Games Hotspot: 'Pokemon Go' Debuts Leaderboards; 'Fortnite' Maker Unveils New Title
- G20 Financial Stability Board proposes new ground rules for stablecoins ahead of Libra launch
- Peter Thiel and real-time fantasy football: does the NFL need a little brother?
- 'Pokémon Go' Battle League Leaderboards Coming; First Go Battle Day Announced
Pokemon Go Developers Niantic Partners With Fold to Launch 'Real World Metaverse' With Bitcoin Rewards have 312 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.