SUNRISE, Fla.—Given the way the points can sometimes come in spurts, Mitch Marner could join the century club any day now. Marner is five points away from 100, a nice round milestone number. "You try not to think about it, but it definitely would be a cool thing," he said. "Growing up, and always wanting to play in this league and do something great. It would be a cool accomplishment, but we got a lot of tough games left here, a lot of big teams. So just got to make sure, for me, it's just coming in every game ready to play whatever kind of role it is." If he can join Auston Matthews with 100 or more points, it will be the first time the Maple Leafs have had two players in the century club in the same season. Darryl Sittler and Doug Gilmour each had a pair of 100-point seasons, Sitter in the 1970s, Gilmour in the 1990s. Marner and the Leafs face another 100-point player, Florida's Jonathan Huberdeau, on Saturday. Huberdeau entered Friday tied for the league lead with Edmonton's Connor McDavid, with 113 points. Six players had at least 100 points, and another nine had hit… Read full this story
- San Jose Sharks 2021-22 NHL Season Preview
- NHL 2021-22 season preview: Jack Eichel vs. Sabres, inaugural season for Kraken, other storylines to follow
- Top story lines ahead of 2021-22 NHL season
- Lightning vs. Penguins odds: 2021 NHL Opening Night picks, predictions from hockey expert who's 158-104
- Kraken vs. Golden Knights odds: 2021 NHL Opening Night picks, predictions from hockey expert who's 158-104
- Top rookies to watch in the 2021-22 NHL season
- Seattle Kraken: 2021-22 NHL Season Preview, salary cap outlook
- NHL Power Rankings: Can any team stop the Tampa Bay Lightning?
- The NHL returned to ESPN, so here’s what it lacked
- NHL Player Rick Nash Is Retiring Due to 'Unresolved Issues' from Concussion
It’s the return of the century with scoring on the rise in the NHL have 317 words, post on www.thestar.com at April 22, 2022. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.