Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Poles seemed pretty relaxed Tuesday afternoon. Two days before Poles' first NFL draft as a GM, he expressed confidence in his team's preparation. "The hay is in the barn," Poles said. "When you go into draft day, it's a little bit more calm than everyone thinks. It's a little more quiet." Poles said he's satisfied with the way the Bears draft board has come together and how his scouts, coaches and front-office talent evaluators have met to sort through the hundreds of prospects the team will consider selecting. And even in a heightened role as the man responsible for making each selection, Poles didn't seem to be feeling much pressure. "The responsibility of making the pick? Yeah, it's bigger," he said with a smile. "But at the same time, you rely on the work everyone put in to make the right decision. And that was the cool thing about doing a lot of these mock-up drafts. We feel comfortable with the way this thing is going to play out." With the draft set to begin Thursday in Las Vegas, here's the inside slant on three notable storylines. Multiple choice As the top 10 of last… Read full this story
- 2021 NFL Draft Chicago Bears Scouting Report: D'Wayne Eskridge
- Projecting the 2021 Chicago Bears Depth Chart Following the NFL Draft
- Where do the Chicago Bears stand with their salary cap situation?
- NFL Draft 2021 winners and losers from Round 1
- Andy Dalton joining Chicago Bears sees their Super Bowl chances plummet
- The top 10 prospects in the 2021 NFL draft
- Wild Card Preview: Chicago Bears vs New Orleans Saints
- Teven Jenkins bringing toughness and attitude to the Bears offensive line
- Trubisky Shines As Bills Roll Past Bears With 41-15 Win
- Top 100 NFL Players of 2021: Patrick Mahomes holds on to No. 1 spot, Bills' Josh Allen rockets into top 10
NFL draft storylines for Chicago Bears: Ryan Poles’ biggest dilemma, the hole at wide receiver and the appeal of trading down have 320 words, post on www.denverpost.com at April 28, 2022. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.