Custom synth projects are nothing new in the Raspberry Pi community but this open-source shader PCB known as Slimshader is definitely a breath of fresh air in the DIY synth world! Created by maker and developer Erik Oostveen, this project aims to provide custom visual effects to music in real-time. According to Oostveen, Slimshader is a GlslViewer-based, open-source PCB designed to display shader files with a Eurorack design. It offers both analog and HDMI output for video, allowing users to add visual effects to music in real-time. If you're new to shaders, these are graphic simulations that respond to audio input. The Slimshader PCB was designed from scratch by Oostveen and features a graphics design printed across the top. It has a series of inputs available that can be used to program custom visual effects. On the reverse is a Raspberry Pi which powers the project. Slimshader has been tested and confirmed to operate with a Raspberry Pi Zero W, Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, and a Raspberry Pi 3B. A custom image file was created just for the Slimshader which, can be downloaded from a Google Drive link available on Oostveen's website. Shaders can be displayed and modulated using… Read full this story
- 5 Raspberry Pi Alternatives You Need to Know About
- How to Run Kodi and Retro Games on Your Raspberry Pi
- How To Make Your Raspberry Pi Into a Home Theater System
- 10 DIY Alternatives to Picade for Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming
- 10 Awesome Ways to Upcycle Old Devices With a Raspberry Pi
- What Is The True Cost Of Running a Raspberry Pi?
- How to Turn a TV Into a Retro Gaming System With Raspberry Pi Zero
- How to Turn a Raspberry Pi Into a NAS for Whole-Home File Sharing
- How to Automate Your Garage Door With IFTTT and Raspberry Pi
- Five Great Raspberry Pi Expansions That Make It Even More Useful
Raspberry Pi 'Slimshader' Adds Real-Time Visual Effects to Your Music have 309 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at June 22, 2022. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.