It’s never been a better time to upgrade your PC by swapping in a new AMD CPU. This year’s Black Friday happens after CPU sales sit at a 30-year low since earlier this year, creating an unexpected CPU oversupply that’s led to steady price cuts over the last several months. However, retailers still need to clear out stock, so Black Friday brings even deeper price cuts on previous-gen AMD AM4 processors, resulting in the best overall prices we’ve seen in years. That’s great news for builders, particularly if they’re looking to upgrade an existing AMD PC. Both Intel and AMD recently rolled out new chip families, and AMD has reduced the pricing of its new Ryzen 7000 chips by up to 33% for Black Friday , helping the value proposition. However, high up-front costs for AM5 motherboards and DDR5 memory continue to dissuade some builders. Ryzen 7000 chips on our list of Best CPUs for gaming , and it doesn’t look like we’ll see any big Black Friday discounts from Team Blue for its current-gen CPUs. Some folks might want to sit out the current-gen chips or simply don’t have the cash to pony up for an entirely new build…. Read full this story
- There's never been a better time to be a dog owner in Boston
- Milwaukee Bucks: Never a better time to ride the bandwagon
- Who’s making money as Pa. counties upgrade voting machines?
- TVA completing $500M upgrade at Alabama nuclear plant
- Birmingham approves city park lighting upgrade
- Days of Future Past: Mobile exhibitions loop time
- The last time Harrisburg School Board was stripped of power, it didn’t end well
- In Baldwin County, ‘bad timing’ clouds Beach Express toll
- Meet the New York Times of rhymes
- Jose Duarte on Considerations for Upgrading an eCommerce Website
There's Never Been a Better Time to Upgrade Your AMD CPU have 295 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.