Intel last week notified its customers about its plans to discontinue its datacenter-oriented Optane SSD DC P4800X solid-state drives, which are among the last storage devices based on 3D XPoint memory . The company says its final Optane SSD DC P4800X products will be shipped to customers by October. Still, Intel has a number of other Optane-branded offerings. Intel asks its partners to place their last orders for Optane SSD DC P4800X 375GB, 750GB, and 1.50TB drives in a PCIe 3.0 x4 form factor by May 30, 2023, and intends to deliver its final drives by September 30, 2023. For now, Intel’s Optane SSD DC D4800X in a 2.5-inch U.2 form factor will continue to ship, although clearly the writing is on the wall for these drives too. Despite officially axing its Optane business unit last year, Intel has continued selling Optane-branded SSDs based on 3D XPoint memory for data centers. For now, Intel will continue to supply customers its Optane SSD P1600X, Optane SSD DC D4800X, Optane SSD DC P5800X/P5801X, and Optane SSD DC P5810X drives. Also, the company will keep selling its Optane persistent memory modules for now. But given that 3D XPoint memory is no longer in production,… Read full this story
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Review: Can AMD Cream Intel’s Coffee Lake?
- Intel (INTC) Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy an SSD?
- Innovation Made Real Announcing the New Dell Commercial PC Portfolio
- HP Brings Powerful PC Gaming Experiences to the Masses
- Dealmaster: Grab a Ring video doorbell for $100
- Geek Deals Roundup: Save on Fire TV Stick, Fire Tablets, and more
- ET Deals Roundup: Ring HD Video Doorbell only $100, Amazon Device Sale Continues, and more
Intel Discontinues Optane SSD DC P4800X Drives have 286 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.